Fencers Defeated by Alumni, 16-11

A combined Faculty-alumni squad defeated the Harvard varsity fencing team 16-11 last night in the I.A.B. The experienced Faculty-alumni crew, led in the sabre by Paul Zygas '64 and in the epee by Richard Frey, Aga Kahn Professor of Iranian, won both divisions by solid margins of 6-3 and 7-2 respectively. Both Frey and Zygas won all three of their bouts.

Sophomore Tom Musliner sparked the varsity foil team to a 6-3 victory over an alumni squad made up of three former varsity captains. Musliner took all three of his bouts also, twice shutting out his opponent five touches to none.

Captain Jon Kolb and senior Dave Dooley also performed well for the varsity, Kolb taking two of his matches in the sabre, and Dooley winning two of his in the foil.

"The foil team looks really good," Kolb said last night, adding that the sabres also showed considerable promise. The varsity faces a weak Holy Cross team this afternoon in the I.A.B., and has its first tough match here on Saturday against traditionally strong NYU.