RGA to Vote On Off-Campus Senior Rooms

The Radcliffe Government Association may recommend next week that seniors 21 years old or older be allowed to live off campus.

Ellen M. Snyder '65, who proposed the recommendation, pointed out in yesterday's meeting that seniors no longer have any special privileges, since all students except freshmen are now permitted late sign-outs. But Mrs. Helen H. Gilbert '36, acting president of Radcliffe is a residential college, there should be seniors in the Houses.

Motion Toe Late

The motion was made too late in the meeting to permit extensive debate, but the RGA will complete debate and vote on the issue at next Thursday's meeting.

The recommendation, if passed by the RGA, will be sent to a faculty group, the Radcliffe Council, for approval. Mrs. Gilbert said it was very unlikely that the Council would agree to the proposal. "It would be a great and major change if the Radcliffe Council let it go through," she stated.

RGA Aids Charities Drive

Earlier in the meeting, after heated debate, the RGA voted 30-1 to donate $40 publicity expenses to the Combined Charities Drive. Those opposed to the donation called the drive organization "undemocratic" since all the suggested charities named in its literature were chosen by officers of the drive.