Narcotics Agents Jail Local Trio, Seize Marijuana

In a series of raids on Cambridge houses, state and local police arrested three men on narcotics charges and seized about $10,000 worth of marijuana last Sunday.

Two state troopers, masquerading as prospective buyers of the drug, arranged a meeting with Stephen Norris, 21, of Newton, and then arrested him when he arrived at the rendezvous point on Lawrence St.

The officers then raided a house on Flagg Street where they confiscated a pillowcase half-full of raw marijuana and arrested two more suspects, Michael A. Glass, 25, of Los Angeles, and Donald A. Luber, 25, of New York City.

Finally, the police searched an apartment on Banks Street, uncovering a canvas bag containing more marijuana leaves and seed as well as two packs of the drug ready for sale.

The three men were jailed in Cambridge on various narcotic charges. Bail for each was set at $10,000. The arrests were triggered by a tip from Lt. James Herrick of the State Police Criminal Investigation Division that a dope organization was either being formed or was already in action near Harvard.

Although one Boston newspaper headlined its story "Dope Raid Traps Three In Harvard Dorm Area," there was no indication that the men had any connection with the University.