Cadets Threaten Squash Win Streak

What should be the most exciting college squash match in Hemenway Gym this year starts at 2 p.m. today.

The opponent is Army and the match is one of the three toughest the Crimson will face all year. The other two, Princeton and Penn, will be on-the-road affairs.

Last year's Army match was as exciting as they come; Harvard's Johnny Vinton had to fight off four match points to win the match for the Crimson 5-4 and preserve Harvard's 20-game winning streak.

The streak has now grown to 32, and four of the players who almost punctured it last season will be trying their luck again.

Walt Oehrlein, a two-year letterman who played number two last season behind his brother Rich, will be at number one for the Cadets. His match with Romer Holleran ought to be the first of a series of close number, one matches this year. Oehrlein won his number two match in three straight games last year; Holleran was a semifinalist in the national intercollegiate.

At number two, Army's Steve Darrah meets Terry Robinson. Darrah was eighth-ranked in the intercollegiate last year, and has beaten Pete Svastich of Princeton, second-ranked among returning collegians. Robinson won a big match last weekend against Ross Adair, one of Canada's best amateurs.

Harvard is one deeper than Army in returning, lettermen; five veterans of last year's unbeaten intercollegiate champions will start. Behind Holleran and Robinson are Bill Moris, Dinny Adams, and Al-Terrell.

Neither team got much help from the class of '67. Army won't be starting a single sophomore, and in all likelihood, neither will Harvard. Juniors Dave Benjamin, Todd Wilkinson, and Peter Brooks, and senior Denny Lewis will fill out the last four positions.