Franklin and Marshall Clips Wrestlers, 15-14

With the aid of a disputed call, Franklin and Marshall's wrestlers clung to an early lead and edged Harvard 15-14 on Saturday night. F and M withstood a last-minute surge by the Crimson that almost reversed the verdict.

The controversy arose when Hostetter of F and M lifted Harvard's Jeff Hall off the mat and slammed him down again in the first period of their 167-pound match. Despite loud protests from the Harvard bench, the referee refused to award Hall a penalty point.

In the second period, Hostetter was docked a point for another slam, an infraction which would have cost him two points had the first been called, and which would have made the final score 3-2 for Hall rather than 2-1 for Hostetter.

Harvard swept the last three matches as Chris Wichens beat Hoffman 11-9 at 177, Ben Brooks defeated Zensky 5-4 at 191, and Tack Chace decisioned Schneiderman 4-3 in the heavyweight class. All barely missed pins that would have given the meet to Harvard.

At 123, Howard Henjyoji of Harvard quickly pinned the Diplomats' Wood. Then F and M won five in a row as Saul Shimansky beat Tom Gilmore 6-2 at 130, Troop downed Tim McCarthy 6-2 at 137, Peter Martin beat Phil Emmi 4-0 at 147, and Taylor defeated Ed Franquemont 8-6 at 157.