Engineers Won't Stop Racquetmen

The Harvard squash team will probably have its easiest match of the season tonight at M.I.T.

The Engineers sometimes don't play bad squash, but they just haven't got the depth to match Harvard's Several veterans of last year's M.I.T. team are back, led by Captain Al Dinner--but last year's squad lost to Harvard 9-0.

That was the Harvard team that romped through a 10-game intercollegiate schedule and won the intercollegiate championship. But there is new evidence that this year's team despite graduation losses, is going to be an excellent one too.

The evidence came in this weekend's easy win over Army, one of the top college teams in the ocuntry. The team score was an impressive 8-1, but the scores of the individual matches were even more impressive.

Romer Holleran, Harvard's number one player, got his first big win of the dual meet season over Army's Walter Oehrlein. The rallies were long and wearing, and there were plenty of sensational shots, but it was Holleran who hung on to win the fifth and deciding game, 15-13.

Holleran should face no trouble against M.I.T.; one of his biggest tests of the season comes up on Wednesday, however, when he meets Tom Poor of Amherst, the top-ranked player among returning collegians.

Terry Robinson, after shutting out Army's Steve Dorrah, is looking very much like a number two man capable of beating anyone in the East. At the top of the ladder this Crimson team looks as strong as anyone's.

Furthermore, it's beginning to look like Harvard is developing its traditional depth. Steve Simpson, a junior, who was held back by an injury early in the is looking like a good number nine player season has moved up two positions and who may move higher.

The bottom four men have lost just two matches among them, one when Brooks broke a string in his racket against Army.

But there's still no undue optimism at Harvard. Princeton, with seven lettermen (from a team that lost to Harvard 5-4) and two good sophomores, is looking better than ever this year. In preseason games they played three of the best club teams in New York and Phila-creased congestion and caused a monudelphia and won matches against all of them.