Student-Run Magazine Suspends Publication

Comment, a political magazine started by Harvard students two years ago, has ceased publication because of financial difficulties.

The magazine was initiated in the fall of 1961 as an organ for the now defunct Harvard Political Participation Council, and "organizational clearing house for all political groups," according to David A. May '62, the first president of the publication.

Over a three year period, the magazine expanded from four mimeographed sheets to a larger, printed magazine. The goal of the magazine was to stimulate students to take a more active role in politics, according to May.

"Only Liberals Write"

The founders intended if to serve as a sounding board for the various political factions of the Harvard community, but "unfortunately, only the liberals seemed to be interested in writing," according to Marion Henriquez '62, a former member of the Editorial Board, who is now studying sociology at Brandels.

Comment was published five times in 1961-62, and three times after that. However, it was continually plagued by financial problems, and after May resigned in 1962 the situation got worse. The last issue, which appeared this fall, concerned urban renewal.

Comment was edited by Arthur D. Hellman '63, now a graduate student at Columbia.