Ted Sorensen to Live In Leverett This Term

By Michael Lerner

Theodore C. Sorensen will come to Harvard and reside in Leverett House this term, reliable sources in Cambridge and Washington said last night.

Sorensen will work on his personal account of the Kennedy Administration. The long-time adviser to the last President Kennedy is expected to remain in Leverett House until the Spring term of 1965.

The rumor that Sorensen had expressed an interest in writing his book on his White House experience at Harvard gained credence several weeks ago, when he reportedly spent a day at the University and discussed living arrangements with Richard T. Gill, Master of Leverett House.

Tutors in Leverett have been talking for over a week of a "mystery man" who would be occupying one of the suites in the House soon.

Reached last night for comment, Master Gill refused to confirm or deny that Sorensen would be moving into the House. Other sources said rooms for Sorensen would soon be available. They were uncertain how soon he planned to move in.

The book Sorensen plans to write about the Kennedy Administration is, because of the extraordinary relationship he had with the late President, one of the most vigorously sought after prizes of the publishing trade in years.

Sorensen has been quoted as saying that the book will set the record straight on several misconceptions of the Kennedy Administration, "the most insidious of these is the myth that Kennedy's cool, analytic manner meant that he had no heart, that he didn't feel passionately about" issues. This just wasn't true."

Post-Book Plans Unknown

It is still unknown whether Sorensen has accepted any academic responsibilities with the University. He is known to have said that it should take him six months to a year to write his book, and he is uncertain what he will do after that.

But the excitement in Leverett House last night over the knowledge that Sorensen might soon be eating in the House dining hall and talking with students was immense.

Earlier accounts of Sorenson's pending association with Harvard said that he would be given office facilities in Littauer Center but would live on Cape Cod.

Last night, however, faculty members contacted said that Sorensen had abandoned his earlier plans. Several expressed the hope that, living at the College, he would be available to discuss his experience with professors doing research in related fields.