Spoiled 'Cliffies Get Bus Service

While sloppy, wet, and generally miserable weather continues to inundate Cambridge for the next few months, 'Cliffies will no longer have to arrive in class with their long hair damp and stringy. A general metamorphosis of the Radcliffe image may begin today when the Harvard Student Agencies starts its long-awaited bus service from the Radcliffe quad to Harvard Yard.

The HSA has hired a bus and driver from the MTA for a two-week trial period. If the service proves a success, the contract will be extended for the rest of the semester. John W. Harmon '65, manager of the bus agency, said yesterday that an average of 20 riders per trip would be necessary to make the service profitable.

A ten-cent fare will be collected on the bus for the first few days; after this introductory period ticket books must be bought in the dorms. Radcliffe girls are being hired by the HSA to promote and sell the books. Harmon said that President Bunting supported the project "wholeheartedly."

The bus is scheduled to leave the Radcliffe quad every half-hour from 8:55 a.m. to 1:55 p.m. with stops at Bertram, Cabot, Moors, and Barnard Halls, Radcliffe Yard, PBH, Lowell Lecture Hall, and Memorial Hall. The return trip will start at Memorial Hall at 9:10 a.m. and will run at half-hour intervals until 1:40 p.m. The return route will omit the stop at Lowell Lecture Hall.