Pusey Appoints Lintner as First Gund Professor

President Pusey has announced the appointment of John V. Lintner, professor of Business Administration, as the first George Gund Professor of Economics and Business Administration.

Lintner will teach courses on business decision-making and the functioning of the private business firm in the Economics Department. At the Business School, he will continue his courses in fiscal planning and firm decision-making.

The chair was endowed by a group of national business leaders in order to close the gap between decision-making in the particular business firm and the broad movements of the economy. It honors George Gund '09, Chairman of the Cleveland Trust Company and a former Overseer of the University.

Lintner has been on the faculty of the Business School since 1945. As Gund Professor he will hold a chair shared by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Faculty of Business Administration.

After he graduated from the University of Kansas in 1939. Lintner became a Junior Fellow at Harvard in 1942. He eventually received his Ph.D. from Harvard in 1945.