A Challenge

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

We of Silliman College swimming team, champions of Yale, were extremely disappointing to learn that House that won your swimming league had declined to participate is the annual Harvard-Yale, House-College, swimming rivalry. Having watched the Harvard varsity swimmers on a recent weekend, we felt sure that Harvard must be saving a great amount of its swimming talent for the prospective House-College meet. Can it be that we were wrong?

Let it be known that we her coupon challenge to a swimming meet any House of Harvard that will come forth to uphold Harvard's honor; the events to be the same as though in intramural competition. We will be willing to arrange the meet for any day of this coming week. It seems to us that your intramural office would be more that willing to underwrite expenses for such an honorable cause.

Should it really be true that Harvard has such a lack of swimming talent, we can only express our profound admiration for the courageousness of your founders is building Harvard's hallowed halls so close to the river Charles. G. McQuilkin, Captain,   Silliman Swimming Team.