Bilodeau May Be Back in Lineup As Nine Faces Engineers Today

Junior shortstop Tom Bilodeau may be ready to play this afternoon as the unbeaten Crimson baseball team travels to M.I.T. to make up a game that was rained out yesterday. The action starts at 3 p.m.

Bilodeau won the starting shortstop's job as a sophomore last year and bit a respectable 271, second highest among returning Crimson players. He was named to the Greater Boston League all-star team at the end of the season.

Bilodeau was at shortstop when the team started its southern tour during spring vacation. But in the Crimson's 15-3 win over Lynchburg, he came barreling into the Virginians' catcher and suffered a knee sprain that has kept him out of action ever since.

Coach Norm Shepard may not want to start the junior if the M.I.T. field is still in bad shape; if Bilodeau is in the lineup, however, sophomore Jim Tobin will probably move over to third with Bobby St. George staying available for defensive duty in the infield or outfield.

Lee Sargent, 2-0 on the year and boasting a miniscule 0.42 earned-run average, will take the hill against M.I.T. today in the first of three games the team must play in the next three days. Tomorrow afternoon Princeton (3-5-1) will come to Kindlestick Park at 3 p.m. to face the Crimson's ace lefthander, Paul Del Rossi (4-0). Andy Luther (3-0) will pitch against Columbia's defending Eastern League co-champions (4-4) Saturday in another home game.