Parents Ask Aid For Rights Girls

By Ellen Lake

Parents of several Cliffies have asked Radcliffe to provide ball and legal aid if their daughters are jailed while engaged in southern civil rights activities, President Bunting said yesterday.

She repeated, however, that the college would take no action in such cases.

However, she suggested that individual members of the administration might help out on their own, and asked to be kept informed of any arrests.

Will Keep Informed

"I care about it, and I want to do something, just as when John Perdew was arrested," she said. On that occasion, President Bunting sent a $25 contribution to the Perdew Fund.

She also said that she will probably invite some Mississippi civil rights workers to Radcliffe this month to tell interested Cliffies what to expect during the summer.

Dean Monro has indicated that Harvard also will not provide any aid to University students jailed in the South. In a statement-last month, he declared that Harvard would not issue an endorsement of civil rights projects because that would require the University to participate in the planning, and "nobody wants that." He made no mention of possible aid by individual members of the Administration, however.