Baseball Downs Tufts Squad, 6-4

The Crimson baseball team scored six runs on six hits in the fourth inning Saturday to defeat Tufts, 6-4, at Medford. The win was number 20 for the team against only two losses.

Second baseman Skip Falcone got the big hit of the inning, a three run homer to left. The Crimson scattered 11 hits throughout the game. Shortstop Tom Bilodeau, pitcher Paul Del Rossi and right fielder Mike Patrick each went two for four as every Crimson player except outfielder George Neville hit safely at least once.

Del Rossi got credit for the victory. Lee Sargent pitched the last two inning when Del Rossi was pulled out because he developed a blister on one of his pitching fingers. Coach Norm Shepard is saving the ace southpaw for Wednesday's game against Yale.

The Jumbos got two runs in the second and one each in the fourth and the ninth. Crimson pitching yielded nine hits to the Medford team.

This year's baseball team produced one of the most successful records in years, winning both the Eastern League and Ivy League crowns.