Goalie Bowditch to Miss Two Weeks of Soccer

Varsity soccer goalie Nat Bowditch, injured in the Columbia game last Saturday, will only be out for two more weeks.

Although Coach Bruce Munro feared earlier this week that Bowditch would be out for the season, doctors told him yesterday that the hemmorages in Bowditch's eye had cleared up nicely.

Until Bowditch recovers Munro will use junior Dick Hammond in the nets. Hammond, who gave Bowditch a hard fight for his position last season, missed the first two weeks of practice this Fall with an injured knee. He is still not back in top form.

A Tight Net

Hammond held off Columbia after Bowditch was injured, however, and should give the Crimson a tight net unless he reinjures his knee. Backing Hammond will be sophomore John Childs. Although Childs has no varsity experience, he has looked good in the J.V. goal this Fall.

Except for Bowditch, Munro says his team is in top shape for their game at Cornell this Saturday.

He doesn't expect that the game will be as tough as the one with Columbia, but, as usual, refuses to be over-optimistic.

Munro has worked all week on his team's passing game, especially trying to straighten out their positioning. He said it was sloppy positioning that allowed Columbia to win so many races for the ball last Saturday.

The team leaves for Ithaca, N.Y. this morning by chartered airplane. The varsity football team will accompany them.