2 Students Hurt In Knife Attack On River Bridge

Three Harvard students were attacked on Weeks Bridge early this morning. Two of them were stabbed and taken to Massachusetts General Hospital, where they were reported not to be on the danger list.

An aide at the hospital said, however, that one of the students would probably be hospitalized for several days.

According to early reports, the incident occurred this way: A Harvard graduate student was walking across Weeks Bridge towards the Business School. He was approached by a youth who asked for the time. The graduate student glanced at his watch.

According to the student, who would not identify himself, "by the time I looked at my watch, three of them were crowded around me, and one had a knife."

The youths demanded his wallet and took $2 and a blank check from it. They replaced the blank check and returned the wallet. They then told him to continue over the Bridge.

The graduate student was followed to the other end of the bridge by one of the youths who attacked him as he reached the B-School side of the River. The graduate school student yelled for help and managed to slip from his coat and flee.

Meanwhile, two other students heard the call for help and ran to the end of the bridge, where they were attacked by the three youths. One of youths allegedly stabbed both of the students.