Crimson JV's Win, 28-19; Freshmen Beaten by Yale

The Harvard Junior Varsity team rolled Yale's JV's 28-19 yesterday, while the Eli freshmen were demolishing their Crimson counterparts, 45-20.

In the Junior Varsity contest, Harvard battled Yale on even terms for most of the first half, then drove the Blue to the with a crushing offensive that racked up three tallies in the second half.

The Harvard touchdowns came on two third-period scores by sophomore half-back Marshall Goldberg, a long first quarter drive climaxed by fullback Tony Hick's touchdown carry from the one-yard line, and a ten yard run by Hicks in the fourth quarter.

Yale's kicking specialist Jerry Kinney booted two first-half field goals of 47 and 43 yards. In the second half, end Mark Young bobbled but held onto a 40-yard touchdown strike from the Bulldog quarterback.

Even the score does not tell what a massacre the freshman game was. Sparked by the Bullpups' impressive quarterback Brian Dowling, the Elis scored almost every time they got the ball in the first half and left the field with a 31-6 Dowling passed for 152 yards, ran yards more, and even caught a pass for a touchdown. All of Harvard's downs came against the second string defense.

In the House-College games, Davenport downed Leverett 13-6, to take the championship. The other scores were: Eliot 6 Jonathan Edwards 0; Dwight 3, Quincy 0, Dunster 30, Berkely 22; Ezra Stiles 12, Winthrop 7; Calhoun 6, Kirkland 0; Saybrook 28, Adams 6; Trumball 28, Lowell 0 Silliman 43, Dudley 0.

In House soccer, Lowell defeated Calhoun 2-0, Eliot topped Davenport 1-0, and Silliman obliterated a Harvard freshman allstar unit, 5-0.