HRO Postpones Tour Until 1967

The Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra decided last night to postpone its South American tour until the summer of 1967. The decision resulted from a vote giving members the choice of rescheduling the tour or cancelling it.

The nine-week cultural exchange was in Virginia planned for this summer, but an extra year is necessary for fundraising. Judith A. Blaumanis, tour manager, said yesterday.

According to Mrs. Blaumanis, the Orchestra's budget has increased from $10,000 to $141,000 this year. Corporations and foundations, the HRO's major source of support, require more than a year to consider financial proposals, Mrs. Blaumanis noted. The increased budget will enable the HRO to take large orchestra, rather than the small group originally planned.

Although the HRO and the Glee Club's Far Eastern tour will both take place in the summer of 1967, neither group anticipates a conflict of fund-raising interests. Mrs. Blaumanis and Ned Goodhue '67. HGC tour manager, noted that they will be appealing to groups interested in different areas of the world.