Defenseman Daly Selected For All-Ivy Hockey Team

John, Daly, Harvard's hockey captain during the past season, has been chosen as one of the defensemen on the first-string all-Ivy team. No other Crimson skater made the first or second team, but forward Baldy Smith and goalie Bill Fitzsimmons won honorable mention.

190-pound Daly, probably the most bruising body-checker in the League, received 35 of a possible 50 votes in the balloting for the Ivy all-star team.

His ruggedness was particularly useful to this season's sextet, which was other wise to small that just about any other team in the East could shove it around. He spent 70 minutes in the penalty box, almost twice as long as anyone else on the team, but he intimidated many opposing forwards in the process.

For the third straight year, Smith was Harvard's second leading scorer, finishing one point behind Pete Waldinger's total of 21, Fitzsimmons, a sophomore who alternated with Wade Welch in the Crimson nets, allowed 22 goals, stopping 34 per cent of the shots fired at him.

Brown Dominates

Brown, winner of the Ivy title and runner-up to Boston College in last week end's ECAC Tournament, dominates the all-Ivy team. Leon Bryant and Terry Chapman are two of the three forwards, and Bob Gaudreau joins Daly as the other defensemen.

Goalie Earl McKibbon and forward Dough Ferguson, both from Ivy runner-up Cornell, round out the all-star team.

Waldinger was Harvard's high man in the Ivy scoring race with 11 points in his ten League games, but this was good enough for only 17th place. Brown's Bruce Darling, only a second team all-star, won the scoring crown with 23 points.