Sedlacek Does Not Win Berth on All-Ivy Quintet

Harvard's Keith Sedlacek was the second leading scorer in the Ivy League, according to statistics released this week, but he failed to make the first string All-Ivy basketball team.

The 6-1 junior scored 332 points in Ivy competition for a 23.7 average but was one vote shy of a first team berth.

Bill Bradley of Princeton and Stan Pawlak of Penn were unanimous selections for the team, receiving a maximum 14 points in the voting by Ivy coaches. Steve Jeff Neuman of Penn each received 13 points.

Sedlacek had 12 points in the voting. He was joined on the second team by the Crimson's Merle McClung, Stan Felsinger, and Neil Farber of Columbia, Bob Trupin of Yale, and Dave Bliss of Cornell.

To no one's surprise, Bradley led the Ivy League in about every department. He netted 404 points (60 short of his own record), scored 141 field goals in 276 attempts, 122 free throws in 138 attempts, averaged 28.8 points per game, and pulled down 180 rebounds, Bradley also smashed the Ivy career scoring record with 1253 points. The only category in which Bradley did not rank first was field goal attempts; Sedlacek took 278 shots from the floor, while Bradley took only 276.

McClung and Barry Williams were the only Crimson players besides Sedlacek to rank high in the Ivy statistics. Williams pulled down 149 rebounds, third best in the League. McClung was the loop's twelfth leading scorer with 129 points, a 13.1 average.

Harvard's promising guard, Gene Dressier, was far down the list of scoring leaders, but his 10.1 per game average made him the fourth best sophomore in the League.