HSA Charter Flights Trade Off From '64

Officials Meet, Ponder Report

The Harvard Student Agencies, Inc., is finding it "much more difficult to fill its charter flights this year than last, an HSA official said yesterday.

Lawrence S. Robertson Jr. '65, head of the charter flights agency, said that "many factors" contributed to the falloff. He said that competition within the chartering industry is getting "much more fierce," but would not go into the other factors "for various reasons."

Earlier in the day, a three-man HSA committee concluded the first of a series of secret meetings to draft a public report on the operations of the charter flights agency.

None of the members of the committee would disclose any information on the progress of their report, but HSA chairman V. Lee Archer Jr. '65 predicted last night that a draft would be submitted to the board of directors in time for the report to be released this month.

No Clear Board Agreement

"If there is any major delay," said Archer, "It will come in the board meeting." He has indicated that there is no clear agreement in the board over what records the HSA should release in the report.

Archer said earlier this week that the report is necessary to "clear the air" of charges against the chartering service, but Robertson said yesterday that the HSA is only "slightly worried" over the decline in business.

"It doesn't make much difference at all to the HSA," he said.

The members of the drafting committee are Charles H. Everill '65; Dustin M. Burke '52, general manager of the HAS; and Harold Rosenwald '27, general counsel for the HSA.