HAVE YOU MET YOUR MISS MATCH YET?

By Nancy H. Davis

Operation Match produced quite a few surprises--some pleasant, some not so pleasant--for its subscribers last weekend.

One Harvard man, looking for someone "to celebrate with" Saturday night, discovered that he was dating a woman who owned a car and had answered "6" on sexual experience. He learned later that the divorce won't come through until June.

The computer apparently goofed, however, when it matched a Radcliffe freshman who thought she had asked for "sloba of the Adams House type" with "completely low-class, unintellectual, unmotivated, uninteresting gangsters." An Adams House slob that she got "just what she asked for."

A student at the Business School has found that he is "very compatible" with the three girls he has contacted so far. He adds that "this method of meeting girls is far better than wandering around dances, just knowing what they look like."

Although only 32 Cliffies sent their names to Operation Match, one Harvard student was paired up with three of them. He told the CRIMSON that he has been "scared of 'Cliffies for the past three years and wouldn't go out with them."

On Your Toes, Harvard

One poor Harvard sophomore arrived twenty minutes late for his date with an Emmanuel College girl. Alas, she had left, thinking that she had been stood up.

Compatibility Research came up with one real blooper. A Jewish Harvard sophomore asked for a 17 or 18 year old freshman between five feet, five inches and five feet, seven inches. He was given a senior from Emmanuel College: height--five feet, nine inches; weight--"I was afraid to ask." He added that his money is going to be refunded.

A Babson student, contacted by a girl who had been sent his name as one of her ideal dates, went out with her on Saturday night. He commented later, "The date was OK. She was well built, and that's enough."

Probably the happiest of the subscribers to Operation Match were the Harvard student who received 69 names and the New Yorker who received, at last count, 230. The Harvard student who received over 200 cannot be found; informed sources claim he is entirely mythical.

A Harvard junior said that he had been paired with "the winningest people you over heard of." He added, "I haven't seen any of them. I don't think I want to."

One girl he has talked to told him one other boy had called her as his ideal date but he had been four inches shorter than she. When the junior reluctantly asked her how tall she was, she replied, "Six feet."

His roommate, somewhat doubtful of the infallibility of Compatibility Research's methods, looked at the picture of a Cliffie whose name he had been sent, then said, "That proves it."

But the most intriguing facet of Operation Match is the motivation behind those who tried it. "I was curious," sad one 'Cliffie. "Besides, Phil paid for it."

On Your Toes, Harvard