Indians Defeat Crimson Laxmen

The jolly Green Giants tallied five times in the first period at Hanover Saturday and the Crimson lacrosse team never did catch up. With four goals in the last period, the Harvard ten made the final score 11-6.

Except for a three minute period in the fourth quarter, the Crimson continually had trouble with fundamentals. Speedwise. Harvard had the edge. Otherwise, their ball-handling was poor, and when they entered Dartmouth territory, they didn't take time to set up plays.

In the disastrous first period, the Indians kept the ball in Harvard territory. The Crimson defense was tough, but Dartmouth penetrated for five goals--two when the Crimson was one man down.

Keith Hutchinson, on an assist from Dick Ames, made it 5-1 in the opening minutes of the second period. At 8:04. Ted Leary, Crimson scoring leader with 13 goals and 12 assists, added another one. But the Indians came back with two more, and the score at the half was 7-2.

As 10:24 of the fourth period, the Crimson, behind 11-2, began to play. In the next three minutes Jan Bollinger. Larry Palmer, and Bruce Caputo all scored, but it wasn't enough as the Crimson absorbed an 11-6 defeat.