Crimson Trackmen Demolish Army; Croasdale Leads 95-59 Stampede

Captain Art Croasdale's long heaves the shot put and the hammer throw the track team to a 95-59 win over Army in the Stadium Saturday.

The win gave the trackmen a perfect record on the outdoor season and the last cinder defeat suffered a Harvard squad--a 76-73 loss to the cadets last spring.

Croasdale, still not fully recovered from injury to his throwing hand, registered a 53 ft., 7 1/2 in. shot put, his best of season, and a 190 ft., 11 in. hammer .

Two other Crimson performers, Wayne Andersen and Tony Lynch, were double winners. Andersen finished the season unbeaten in the 100 with a 0:09.7 clocking and added a win in the 220 in 0:22.1. In both races, Mike Hauck, the Heptagonal 220 champion, ran second.

A Breeze

Lynch breezed to wins in both hurdles events, taking the 120 highs in 0:14.3 and the 440 intermediates in 0:53.0.

John Bakkensen paced a Harvard sweep of the discus with his 170 ft., 6 3/4 in. throw. John Michetts was a surprise second at 156 ft., 1 3/4 in.

Chris Pardee took the high jump a 6 ft., 7 1/2 in., and Aggrey Awori nailed down a broad jump victory with a 22 ft., 3 3/4 in. leap. Walt Hewlett was the two-mile winner in 9:35.2, and Olufemi Olunloyo grabbed a first in the triple jump with a 45 ft., 9 in. effort.

Army's points came in the middle distance runs. Rance Farrell and Hal Jenkins ran one-two in the 440, both being clocked at 0:49.2. Sammy Robinson was third in 0:49.6.

Army performers took one-two in the pole vault and swept the javelin. The Cadet sprint relay team set a Stadium record with its 0:42.7 clocking, but the Crimson came back to win the mile relay in a close battle. The time was 3:16.3.

A Breeze

A Breeze

A Breeze