Crimson Golfers Travel To Eastern Tournament

The Harvard golf team travels to New Haven today for the Eastern Intercollegiate Tournament which will be held on the University course Saturday through .

The Easterns have attracted teams 20 colleges, including all the Ivy League schools, Navy, and Penn State, the pre-tournament favorites. Yale, playing on home course, seems to have the best of any Ivy College to challenge for the team championship. The Elis owned Harvard on Wednesday 5 to 2.

Jim Buchanan and Brian McGuinn are two Crimson golfers most likely to finish well in the individual competition. Buchanan, whose 3-2 record is the best of the team, took one of Harvard's two match wins against Yale. McGuinn, though his record is a lackluster 5-6, has played well against tough opposition.

On Saturday, the first day of the tournament, all seven members of each team will play 36 holes. The two highest scores will be dropped, and the remaining five will determine the team title. A low medalist trophy will be awarded to the low individual scorer.

On Sunday, the sixteen low scorers from the day before will compete for the match play championship, with the final round coming on Monday afternoon. A possible favorite for the individual crown is Yale's Dan Hogan, who won the title two years ago. After a bad season last year. Hogan is back in form. He stopped McGuinn 4-3 in Wednesday's match.