Weiland Juggles Golf Team Lineup For Brandeis, Holy Cross Matches

Coach Cooney Weiland has frantically juggled Harvard's lineup for today's golf match with Holy Cross and Brandeis at the Myopia. Hunt Club The Crimson has dropped three of its last four contests and placed a miserable third in the Greater Boston Collegiate Tournament on Monday. So Weiland decided that changes must be made.

Jim Torhorst, who dragged around the Weston Country Club's course Monday in 96 strokes, will be cut from the starting lineup. Replacing him is Bill Coteman, a senior, who last week won the golf team's second round of qualifying with a 54-hole total of 240 to gain a place on the squad.

Bob Kidder, who has lost eight straight matches, will be playing number six today. This could be Kidder's last chance to prove himself.

Weiland has also switched the positions of John Hawkins, number three, and Mike Millis, number two. Hawkins sports a 4-3 record, Harvard's third best. Millis, at 2-6, has not been playing up to potential, the coach explained.

Last year Brandeis didn't even show up for the match, and the Crimson should cream them if they decide to put in an appearance today. Holy Cross, however, is another story.

The big, powerful team slapped a 5-2 loss on Harvard last year and they could easily do it again. All of Weiland's jockeying around might not be enough for two wins.