Williams Defeats lacrosse Team

The Harvard lacrosse team lost its fourth game in a row yesterday as it bowed to Williams, 8-6.

The Crimson stickmen stuck to the game old theme. Harvard jumped away to an early lead, suffered a defensive lapse, and then couldn't catch-up.

Marty Cain and Steve Neubert put Harvard in front, 2-1, at the end of the first period.

Neubert's tally, the prettiest of the season, came with only five seconds left in the period. The junior midfielder grabbed a fifty-yard pass from Captain Dan Calderwood, took a couple of steps, and then whipped the ball past the startled Williams goalle just before the gun sounded.

A goal like that usually brings a team out fighting in the next period. Harvard came out crawling. In the second period Williams scored three goals and whitewashed the Crimson to carry 4-2 lead into halftime.

An injury to Wally Grant in the second period completely took the spark out of the second midfield that had been playing to well together.

After Grant's mishap Harvard never got within two goals of the defending New England champions.