Accused Pusher Is Not a Cliffie

By Stephen D. Lerner

Louise A. Sarezky, who withdrew from the Harvard Summer School on July 12, surrendered herself to the Brookline police last Tuesday on charges of "selling and delivering narcotic drugs."

Also arraigned before Judge Martin Colten in Brookline District Court on charges of "selling and delivering narcotic drugs and conspiring to violate the narcotics law," was David Monosson. The two stood mute before the charges, and Judge Colten entered an innocent plea for both of them. They were let out on ball. The trial will convene on August 5.

Miss Saresky, a full time student at Windham College in Putney, Vt., was identified in the Boston Traveler, without attribution, as "a pretty Radcliffe honer student."

Mrs. Deane W. Lord, director of Radcliffe News and Publications Office, said that she had contacted the newspapers involved and the news services about the mistake. "We will not ask for retractions, but the Dean of Admission for Radcliffe said a number of our very distinguished alumnse have written letters to the editor which should be in the papers tomorrow," she said.

"It's a shame reporters don't check their sources accurately," she added. Radcliffe will take no legal action, Mrs. Lord said.

Source of Confusion

Contacted yesterday at his office, Attorney John P. White, Monosson and Saresky's lawyer, said that he had accompanied his clients to the Brookline station where they voluntarily gave themselves up, and that Saresky had listed her occupation as student. "She did not say that she went to Radcliffe," he said. "It must have been the figment of some reporter's imagination," he added.

However, Inspector Richard Kalil of the State Food and Drugs Division, gave a different explanation for the confusion. Kalil is reported to have said that Monosson volunteered the information that the girl was a Radcliffe student and that "she concurred." The college she attends, he added, is not of particular importance to the police.

But the man who rewrote the story in the Boston Traveler claimed that the information had come from Kalil, who had been quoted correctly as saying Miss Sarezky went to Radcliffe.

Another reporter cast some doubt on Kalil's accuracy: "He's a good cop, but he's a bit erratic with the truth sometimes."

Windham College

When notified yesterday that one of his students was out on ball in a narcotics case, Kenneth Stringer, Academic Dean at Windham College, said that if Miss Sarezky was convicted of a felony, her case would be decided first by the college's student Judiciary Board with a possible reconsideration by the Faculty Board.

"As far as I am concerned, she is her own agent during the summer, but if she injures the name of the college, it might be different," Stringer said. In any case it is "too early for speculation" about Miss Sarezky's status at Windham College.

Miss Sarozky has left little trace behind her at the Summer School. She was enrolled in Spanish SAab, was given privelege card number 2390, assigned to Straus A 42. Her proctor, Miss Asha Seth, said yesterday that she never met her and that her name vanished from the official student listing after July 15.

Not Disciplinary

Thomas E. Crooks, director of the Summer School, said that the arrest was "news to me." This was not a care of disciplinary action, Crooks said, she simply withdrew the last day possible