Dove Candidates Confer in Conn.

New England Congressional "peace candidates" will meet at Powder Hill in Middle field, Conn., on Saturday to exchange ideas, examine tactics, and draw as much publicity as possible.

Arthur J. Frank, an aid to Thomas Boylston Adams, said yesterday that publicity was "probably the greatest single motive behind the meeting." The press is bound to be more intense when six peace candidates meet than when they campaign individually, he explained.

Attending the meeting will be: David Frost (N.J.), Robert Cook (Conn.), Stephen Minot (Conn.), Thomas Boylston Adams (Mass.), Eugene S. Daniell Jr. (N.H.), and Thomas Maynard (Maine).

The meeting will start at 10 a.m. with a series of workshops, directed by deposed Georgia legislator Julian Bond, which will allow workers who are usually not heard from in campaign headquarters to "voice many of their often creative ideas," Frank said. These small groups will exchange campaign and political action techniques, Mrs. Flora Donham, Pax staff worker said yesterday.

A film made by ESSO depicting the constructive uses of economic aid in South Vietnam will be shown during the lunch hour.

Then each of the Congressional candidates will give a short speech reviewing the conclusions drawn from the workshops and including some of the particular problems that they have encountered in their own campaigns. The final address will be given by Senator Wayne Morse (D-Ore.).

The same day, August 6, the International Days of Protest will be holding demonstrations all over the globe in memory of the bombing of Hiroshima, and in protest of the Vietnamese war. A num- ber of the New York demonstrators, including A.J.P. Musty, are expected to drive up to the meeting in Connecticut to listen to Senator Morse's address.

In Boston, also on the same day, members of the Committee for Non-Violent Action will begin their 250 mile hike to Proviucetown in an effort to disseminate their non-violent philosophy.

As a final bonanza, the Freedom Stingers, the Chad Mitchel Trio, and Ozzie Davis will sing to the political enthusiasts