'Look' Sells Out All Over Square

"The two biggest magazine dealers on the East Coast are 40 feet apart and they're both sold out," Joe Nini said yesterday, as his assistant called distributors for more copies of this week's Look.

The issue, with its selections from the controversial Death of A President, is a sensational best-seller in Cambridge. Hundreds of housewives, students, workers and professors had swept Nini's and Cohen's bare of Look's by 9 a.m. yesterday and were asking for more. Felix's ran out by 4 p.m.

The coveted magazine contains the first of a four-part abridgement of Edward Manchester's book on the Kennedy assassination. National attention focused on the book when the Kennedy family contested its publication in Look and by Harper & Row.

The magazine went on sale Monday morning, a day in advance of the scheduled date. Look distributors, anticipating large sales, sent quadruple and quintuple orders to Sheldon Cohen's and Nini's Nini said. Each of the Harvard Square newsstands sold well over a thousand copies.

Both Sheldon Cohen's and Nini's expect more Look's to arrive today. These will be extra copies from distributors' warehouses, not reprints. Look will not issue reprints because their cost is prohibitive.

Those anxious to obtain what could become a collector's item should visit Cahaly's on Mt. Auburn St., where at last report several copies were still available. They can also wait for Times of London, which will soon publish the Look excerpts, or for Der Stern, if they want the story of Kennedy's assassination in German