Sophomore to Play At Penn

Sophomore Ray Horblower's excellent running against Dartmouth last week has earned him one of the halfback slots in Saturday's game at Penn. He will replace junior Will Stargel.

Coach John Yovicsin also will have junior Dan Wilson in place of injured senior Chris Burns at defensive tackle. Burns suffered a neck and shoulder injury last Saturday and was hospitalized for observation.

It is also possible that hefty sophomore Gus Crim may take over the fullback position from senior Gary Strandemo, five game starter, before the end of the week.

Five Yard Gainer

Hornblower, who has gained an average of five yards each time he carried the ball this year, has scored two touch-downs for the Crimson.

The leading freshman halfback last fall, he scored six touchdowns with the Yardlings, three on interceptions and three on the ground.

Crim, a rangy runner, last year served as a linebacker and played 148 minutes.

About the Crimson's trek to Philadelphia, Yovicsin said, "This week's game is a big one for us. A good team forgets a game it has lost, and gets ready for the next one."

"I still think we're a good team, and I still think we're in the race for the Ivy title. The competition is tremendous, and I doubt that anyone is going to get through undefeated," he added.