JV Booters Shut Out Brown, 3-0, Remain Undefeated in Five Games

The junior varsity soccer squad, the only Harvard team which has never been defeated in its history continued its winning ways by beating Brown 3-0 yesterday in Providence, R.I.

The JV team whose record is 21-0 since its establishment three years ago, gained its fifth consecutive victory of the year against the Bruins, traditionally a power in Ivy League soccer.

The first Crimson goal was scored in the first period when Ben Phinney took the rebound of a shot by Lars Peterson and drove the ball past the Brown goalie.

After a scoreless second period, John Metzger took a cross-field pass from Yonni Champman and headed the ball down to Nick Hallett, who put it into the net. A few minutes later, Metzger recorded another assist when he passed to Pedro Alarcon in front of the Brown goal. Alarcon scored Harvard's final point from fifteen yards out.

Coach Seamus Malin said that his team's defense led by Andy Abbott and Jim Wolff, had been outstanding. He credited goalie Wayne Quasha with a brilliant shutout.