Lawyers Discuss Anti-War Tactics

Three hundred and fifty law students and twenty professors gathered last night in Langdell Hall to discuss "ideas for action" against the war in Vietnam.

Paul M. Bator, professor of Law, drew heavy applause when he proposed a massive campaign to enlist graduates of the Law School in the fight against the war. He said that the student-faculty committee should try to mobilize "both Washington lawyers and Wall Street lawyers" behind the peace movement.

Disagreement

There was loud disagreement over the most effective means of war opposition. Speakers evaluated the Presidential chances and talents of Nelson Rockefeller, Governor of New York, Gen. James Gavin, and Sen. Eugene McCarthy (D. Minn.). No single candidate or political strategy emerged as a favorite.

Other speakers urged support for the Cambridge referendum and for the Boston Draft Resistance League.

Bator, John H. Mansfield, professor of Law, and Edward F. Haber, a second year law student, will serve on a student-faculty committee to coordinate future anti-war work at the Law School. More than one hundred students offered to work for the committee.