Azikiwe Also Rejoins Soccer Team Axten, Locksley To Play Saturday;

By Andrew Jamison

They'll all be back this weekend.

Abi Azikiwe, the starting left halfback for the Harvard soccer team, has shaken off an injury to his jaw that was expected to keep him out for the season, and has recently been working out. He should see spot duty in this Saturday's Princeton game.

John Axten, the senior goalie who was kicked in the stomach six weeks ago at Amherst, will be in shape to mind the Crimson nets this week. He will most likely start against the Tigers.

Locksley

Dick Locksley, Axten's sophomore replacement--although his leg is still a bit tender--has also reported back to practice. Locksley will probably spell Axten as the Harvard goalie Saturday, when and if Axten tires.

But it may have come too late.

Coach Bruce Munro, who was fairly unhappy about his team's showing this past weekend at Penn (where Harvard was whipped, 3-0), is understandably pleased to see the recoveries his walking wounded have made. But he doesn't see more than a spoiler role for his squad the rest of the way.

"I don't think anybody's going to beat Penn," Munro said yesterday. "All we can do--which is a tall order in itself--is to knock off Brown a week from Saturday."

Princeton

But Munro's primary concern right now is getting by Princeton. The Tigers, who were lucky to escape with their lives against Brown Saturday in losing, 4-0, have been erratic this year.

They held Penn to a narrow 1-0 decision, and played well in drubbing Columbia. But they blew up again when Cornell shut them out, 3-0, so the situation is fairly uncertain.

Munro shouldn't have any worries about Princeton's scoring. The New Jerseyans have only managed two Ivy goals so far in four games, but they might be able to stall the none-too-potent Harvard offense.

Getting Together

"Our biggest problem/this year," Munro said, "has been our inability to get the boys together on the practice field. With labs and other commitments, we've only been able to have full squad practice twice a week."

In other action this past weekend, Cornell topped Columbia, 3-1, to keep the Big Green in a three-way tie for the lead with Brown and Penn. Cornell plays Brown this weekend.

Yale evened its record at 2-2 by shutting out Dartmouth, 2-0. The Elis, who lost to both Cornell and Brown by just one goal apiece, play Penn this weekend in what could be a pivotal game.