JV Icemen Trip Green Frosh, 4-3

The Harvard Junior Varsity Hockey team beat an exceptionally strong group of Dartmouth freshmen, 4-3, yesterday at Watson Rink.

This victory is the season's second for the undefeated J.V. icemen. They beat the Boston University freshman team Saturday, 8-6.

Yesterday's decisive goal was scored by sophomore George McManama halfway through the final period. McManama gained the final tally on a pass from the wing, right in front of the net. He received an assist from Dick Delaney, another sophomore.

McManama also scored Harvard's first goal--on an assist from junior Tom Micheletti--in the first period. Other Harvard scorers were sophomore Jim Baldassari and junior Peter Haley.

During the first half of the second period, Dave Hill managed to score for Dartmouth even though the Green had lost two men from the field through penalties. Hill also scored Dartmouth's third goal at the beginning of the final period.

Harvard's goalie, junior Paul Oldfield, received a gash in his forehead while attempting to stop a puck just a minute before the game's end. He was taken to Stillman Infirmary for treatment.