Hockey Team's Luck Should Turn Against Winless Green Tomorrow

By Robert P. Marshall jr.

Thank goodness for the Dartmouth hockey team! There's nothing that could lift the luckless Crimson skaters out of their slump as surely as Saturday's 8 p.m. game with the Indians.

Coach Eddie Jeremiah's sextet is 4-10 overall and a distant last in the Ivy race. Wednesday night, the Green fell to Yale, 7-4, at Hanover. More typical was the save differential: the Elis were pestered for only 15 while Dartmouth captain Warren Cook turned aside his usual 44.

Besides Harvard's earlier 6-2 win at Hanover, Dartmouth's other Ivy losses were to Yale, 12-2 and 7-4, Cornell, 7-0, and Brown, 12-3.

Frosh Brighter

The Indian freshmen have fared better and have wins over Yale and Princeton in their 11-3 record. One of the losses was to Harvard's freshmen, 7-3, in a match that will be repeated Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m.

Student tickets may be obtained in exchange for coupon No. 28 at 60 Bolyston St. before 5 p.m. today. Admission to the freshman game will be by coupon No. 27.

A far more crucial contest will be televised Saturday afternoon on Channel 38. Brown's high-flying six will try to turn the Ivy race into an unexpected scramble with a victory over visiting Cornell.

If they play as they did in theid 9-1 win over Harvard, the Bruins could give the Big Red its second setback, the number that Yale and Harvard now bear. Then the Crimson could brace itself for Cornell's invasion of Watson Rink Wednesday. IVY STANDINGS   W  L  GF  GA Cornell  5  1  28  12 Yale  4  2  38  27 Harvard  3  2  19  18 Brown  3  3  38  26 Princeton  3  3  27  27 Dartmouth  0  6  17  57