Radcliffe Amazons Ski, Swim to End of Season

It looks as if it has been an excellent year for Radcliffe sports.

Take the swim team. Radcliffe has always terrified its aquine competitors. This year the team, captained by Eleanor Thomas '69 proved at Wellesley last Saturday, that it could have drowned them all. Radcliffe won the meet with 52 1/2 points, over Wellesley's 50 and Wheaton's 11 1/2 points. The laurels belong to Pat Davidson '68, who secured a Radcliffe victory by her performance in diving.

Drown Them All

Radcliffe could have drowned them all. But unfortunately the team was unable to attend the first New England Intercollegiates, held in Vermont. The race was held immediately after intercession, and the team was not organized. "Comparing cur times at Wellesley with the times of the Vermont winners, I think it is fair to say that we would have won," sighed Mrs. Alice McCabe, Director of Swimming and the team's coach.

"It is probably the strongest team we have ever had," she said. Radcliffe had," she said. Radcliffe had only to survive one more meet against Wellesley and Jackson, to live up to this dictum.

As Radcliffe emerged with a first in the 50 yard freestyle, the 50 yard breast stroke, and the 200 yard freestyle relay, Mrs. McCabe commented evenly: "We have depth in all of the strokes."

The Cliffe is not only a formidable opponent in water, but also on snow. With the rigorous coaching of David Halsted and Peter Wasserman, the team placed a history-making first among Eastern Colleges. This year the picture is a shade less bright.

Radcliffe took fourth place in a two-run slalom at Intervale behind the University of Mass., B.U., and Mt. Holyoke last Sunday. Earlier in the season the team came second at Mad River. This year's only triumph was last Saturday at Wildcat Mountain where Radcliffe hosted and won the Women's Intercollegiate Conference Giant Slalom.

The University of Mass, is now neck and neck with Radcliffe for the New England Championships. The deciding race will be held on March 11th.