Racketmen Nab Easy 7-2 Victory

The Harvard tennis team rebounded from its disappointment at Penn last weekend to crush a strong Williams team, 7-2, on the home clay yesterday. Williams had suffered a hair's breadth 5-4 defeat to a powerful Yale team on Tuesday.

The day's longest match was at one, where John Levin lost a tense 10-8,9-7 duel to Williams's Pete Grossman. Levin held four set points in the first set, but Grossman's net play decided the crucial points.

The day's quickest match was turned in at number four, where Rocky Jarvis continued his streak of ritual executions by defeating his Ephman 6-1, 6-1. Jarvis has not relinquished more than three games in a set this season.

Easy Singles Wins

Bernie Adelsberg turned in a 6-3,8-6 win at two. The hard hitting junior was down 5-1 in the second set when he decided not to play a third. Both Brian Davis (3) and Jose Gonzalez (5) dropped their first sets enroute to three set victories. At six, sophomore Steve Devereux caught fire and, playing a surprisingly intelligent match, won 6-4, 6-1 sets.

With the match decided in the singles, the doubles matches became a formality. A return to artic weather took its toll on the first doubles team of Californians Levin and Jarvis, as they bowed 6-4, 7-5. The Adelsberg-Davis and Gonzalez-Hodges Combinations won in straight sets.

Coach Jack Barnaby was greatly encouraged by the Crimson's performance and foresees a strong effort at Princeton this week against a team of Tigers which lacks its traditional abundance of supermen.