Tracksters to Keep Crown, Netmen Tackle Dartmouth

Racketeers May Fall Before Green Power

Match Time: 2 p.m.

The Harvard tennis team will have no chance to relax as it tackles a powerful Dartmouth squad on the home courts this afternoon.

The only blemish on the Green slate is a narrow 5-4 loss at Yale in an earlyseason contest. In that one Dartmouth held several match points before losing the deciding set, 11-9.

Crimson coach Jack Barnaby feels that the India, who defeated Penn 5-4 on Saturday, may have the best chance in the wide open Ivy race, if they can get by the Crimson. Harvard lost to Penn 5-2 on the first of two disastrous weekend trips.

Dartmouth's top player, senior Charlie Hoeveler, is a polished lefty who went undefeated in Eastern competition last year before being upset by Harvard's Bernie Adelsberg in the New England tournament. Bill Kirkpatrick and Kurt Anderson, at two and three, are also strong players, and the line-up does not diminish appreciably lower down.

The first Green doubles team of Hoeveler and Kirkpatrick won this fall's Eastern Tournament with ease, beating the Crimson's top tandem of Rocky Jarvis and John Levin along the way.

The only change in the Crimson lineup will be the return to action of number six man John Appleby after a week-long illness. The sophomore's game relies on stamina, however, and he must be rated a question mark today.

With Harvard's three-year undefeated streak at home still intact, today's challenge promises to provide the best tennis seen in Cambridge this spring.