Harvard Group Gets Funds For Dove Incumbents

Occupants of William James Hall have coughed up about $200 for campaign contributions to five United States Senators who oppose the war in Vietnam. Ten graduate students who have been canvassing the 15-floor building for about three weeks hope to widen their fund drive to reach the whole University this fall.

The five Senators, who all face difficult re-election campaigns in 1968, J. W. Fulbright (D,-Ark.), Frank Church (D-Idaho), Wayne Morse (D-Ore.), Ernest Gruening (D-Alaska), and George S. McGovern (D-S. Dakota).

"If you gauge the response in percentage of people rather than in size of contributions, we have been quite successful," Paul Lehrer, graduate student in Clinical Psychology and head of the fund-raising group said yesterday. The biggest contribution--$50--is earmarked for Frank Church.

"We will know in a couple of days just how big a success we have been," Lehrer said, "and then we may plan to expand."

He said that his group has been trying to involve "as many graduate students and faculty as we can." "For example," he explained, "we have been trying to contact George Wald (professor of Biology) who has done work on behalf of Sen. Morse."