Undefeated Freshman Track Team Presents Andover 90-14 Shellacking

Three firsts by Walter Johnson, two by weightman Ed Nosal, and two by distance runner Jon Enscoe paced the Yardling indoor trackmen to a 90-14 trouncing of host Andover, Academy yesterday. Harvard came in first in every event as the freshmen boosted their undefeated dual meet string to 3-0.

Jumping out to a 17-1 lead at the end of the first two events, the 28-pound weight throw and the 12-pound shot put, the Crimson went on to shut out the preppies in four of the remaining 10 contests. Nosal's 66-1 heave of the 28-pound weight is possibly the best in the history of freshman indoor track at Harvard. He also led a sweep of the shot put. Yardling football standout Richie Szaro contributed a third in that event.

Johnson leaped to victory in the broad and high jumps. His 5.9 time in the 45 yard high hurdles was tops for both teams. Sailing over the bar at 12-0. John Dorho took pole vault honors, as Jack Schneider captured the 55 yard dash in 5.6.

In a repetition of his performance against the Boston University freshmen, Enscoe took the mile, this time in 4:23.6, and finished first in the 1000 yard run. Teammate John Gillis won the 600 yard event.

Pottetti Wins

The best individual time of the meet was turned in by the freshman cross country captain. Dave Pottetti. Running in the two-mile for the first time since he was injured against Army before vacation, Pottetti beat the field by over 30 seconds, finishing in a fast 9:29.3.

The Yardling's eight-lap relay team put some extra frosting on the cake by winning in 2:22.0.

The Yardling's next meet will be against Northeastern's Huskies next Tuesday.