Undefeated Harriers Will Meet Brown; Shaw Shoots For Fourth Straight Win

The cross country team journeys to Providence this afternoon to face Brown at the site of Harvard's last dual meet loss just two years ago. Since that Friday afternoon in 1966. Bruin cross country fortunes have slipped steadily while the Crimson harriers have rolled up eighteen straight dual meet triumphs.

The nineteenth should come off without a hitch this afternoon. Head Coach Bill McCurdy is clearly expecting no threat in Providence. McCurdy sent his squad through a timed interval workout on the track yesterday instead of the usual pre-meet "tapering off."

Junior ace Royce Shaw, working more consistently than ever before, will bid for his fourth straight win this afternoon. Captain Doug Hardin, who is still somewhat hampered by minor leg injuries, has been progressing steadily towards regaining the physical peak that earned him last year's Heptagonal crown.

Sophomores Dave Pottetti and Tom Spengler proved their ability with startling times against Penn last Friday and should continue to improve in the Brown contest.

Enscoe Impressive

Behind fifth man Keith Colburn, there will be a happy scramble for scoring slots. Junior John Heyburn is anxious to reestablish himself in the top group, and sophomore mile star Jon Enscoe has been particularly impressive in track workouts this past week.

Howie Foye, Max Schweizer, and Pete Dennehy continue to make steady progress in practice. They are expected to fill in today for senior "Spider" McLoone and junior "Elf" Roth, who are both hobbled by injuries and will not start today.

Brown's only threat is captain Don Humphrey, the sole surviving member of the '66 squad. Humphrey was the first Bruin to score against Yale in a dual meet last Saturday, trailing four Elis across the finish line. Hardin and company will be sorely disappointed if they are unable to put at least as many in front of Humphrey today.