B.C. Wins, 20-7, Over Yardlings

The Harvard freshman football team, victimized by Boston College's explosive offense, succumbed 20-7 yesterday at Boston College.

Boston College's quarterback Ed Rideout was the Crimson's major nemesis all afternoon. Rideout passed for one 66 yard score and ran for two other touchdowns to account for all but two of B.C.'s points.

Harvard Fumble

A Harvard fumble in the second period gave B.C. possession of the ball on their own 22 yard line. Rideout's touchdown was a 47 yard scramble off a broken pass play.

Harvard took the lead in the third period 7-6, but Rideout shocked the Crimson with a short swing pass that halfback Bruce Walker carried 66 yards for the go ahead touchdown. Three minutes later, after both teams traded fumbles, Rideout scored his third and final T.D. on an 11 yard sweep.

Halfback Steve Harrison's performance was equally impressive. Harrison gained 121 yards in 10 carries and scored the freshmen's only touchdown on an 82 yard run. He took a pitchout on a routine sweep, cut behind beautiful blocking, and outran the B.C. secondary for the score.

Harrison also made a diving catch of a pass from quarterback Rex Blankenship which put the ball on the B.C. one yard line. Twice the freshmen drove into the end zone and twice the score was nullified by a penalty.