Two Eliot Teams Ahead In Athletic Standings

Eliot House, with two of its three teams undefeated, is the overall leader in intramural competition after three weeks.

Eliot scored two convincing tackle football victories, and rolled to a 5-0 victory over Quincy in soccer this week. The soccer triumph was Eliot's fourth, giving them a three-sport total of sixteen points, two ahead of Leverett House. Two points are awarded for each win, and one for a tie.

Leverett whipped defending champion Winthrop 33-13 for its fourth victory without a loss in touch football. Close behind is Quincy House, featuring a 3-0 record. Passes from Ken Sandler to Jim Fabiani helped Quincy to a 47-18 romp over Eliot last Tuesday. The other seven teams are all under 500.

Lowell has shown streaks of greatness, but they remain streaks. Joel Cantrick threw two touchdown passes and Vaho Rebassoo scored twice as Lowell dumped third-place Dudley 37-24.

Dudley defeated Adams 4-1 to stay one game behind Eliot's soccer powerhouse, while Quincy bounced back from its shutout by Eliot to bomb Winthrop 5-0, as Bill Bellows scored two goals. Left wing Hammy Clark pumped in three goals to help Lowell to an easy 4-1 triumph over Kirkland.

Kirkland also lost to Dunster 2-1, as the winners maintained a hold on third place. Another of Dunster's victims was apparently over-confident Leverett. Dunster scored two goals in the closing minutes to hand the Bunnies their first loss after two victories.

Anemic

One of the surprises this season has been the devastating lack of success of Winthrop's teams. This fall, the defenders of the Strauss Trophy have put together no victories and two ties in ten contests for an anemic total of two points.

Eliot and Kirkland will both put 2-0 records on the line today in tackle football action. Eliot will meet Lowell, while Kirkland plays Adams. Quincy's powerful touch forces will take on Kirkland.

On Thursday at 4 p.m. the cross country meet will be held. The official length of the course is 2.3 miles, but a more realistic estimate is 2-0 miles.