Harvard Ruggers Rout Dartmouth 11-0; Tupouniua and Cashman Lead Attack

Harvard's rugby team crushed Dartmouth, 11-0, Saturday in contest that showed the crimson ruggers greatly improved since their upset loss last week to cornell.

Team captain sione Tupouniua had made some changes in the back line and brought some B squad men up to the A squad for the Dartmouth contest. "It worked out beautifully, to my amazement," Tupouniua said Yesterday.

Dartmouth Weak

Dartmouth was weaker than the Harvard ruggers expected. Early in the game Tupouniua scored from a scrum ten yards from the goal line, but the conversion failed. A few plays later, Harvard fullback Joe Daly connected with a penalty kick to make the score 6-0 at halftime.

In the second half Greg Sandormirsky, moved up from the B squad this week, broke free from the Dartmouth defenders and passed to Pat Cashman, Who ran the ball across for the score, Joe Daly completed the conversion to make the final score 11-0.

One for Dartmouth

In other rugby games Saturday, the B squad eked past the Dartmouth B team, 5-3, while the Indian C squad defeated the Harvard squad, 8-0, for Dartmouth's only victory of the day.

This week the Harvard ruggers face the B-school team, "the nation's best according to Tupouniua. The A team will play Tuesday at 4 p.m. near the Palmer Dixon Tennis Courts at Soldiers Field.