Yardlings to Run In Boston Meet

Fresh from an impressive 21-36 triumph over Dartmouth last Friday, Harvard's freshman cross country team carries a 7-2 record into today's Greater Boston Championships.

The Dartmouth victory proved the spunk of the Yardling harriers. For the second time this season, the freshmen shook off the effects of a previous loss and a rash of injuries to score strongly.

Bob Seals, who carded a personal best time of 15:50 to take top honors on Friday, will lead a squad of seven today. Britisher Alan Long will assume the second slot in the absence of injured Mike Koerner. Behind him, Rick Jurgens, handicapped by a foot injury, and Rick Barton are expected to score highly. Andy Meltpoff, Phil Lichtenstein, and Jake Seniuk form a tightly-bunched back-up group that could challenge the leaders if one of them gets off to a quick start.

The principal opposition today will come from Northeastern. The Huskies dropped a convincing 19-38 meet to Harvard earlier this season, but with the added confusion of five other teams, they could spring a surprise this afternoon. Meet time is 3:15 p.m.