Booters Bomb Tech, 10-0; Detora, Yehia Net 2 Each

By Peter D. Lennon

Harvard's varsity soccer team dismembered a pathetic M.I.T. squad, 10-0, yesterday afternoon in a prep for Saturday's game with a tough Boston University eleven.

Peter Bogovich, Ahmed Yehia. Bruce Detora, and John Metzger all tied for game scoring honors with two goals each.

Bogovich scored the first two Crimson goals yesterday and boosted his team leading total for the season to nine goals in three games.

Anxiously-awaited Solomon Gomez, starting for the first time this year, only tallied one goal, but he proved he could survive on the varsity curcuit. High-scorer for last year's undefeated freshman team, he set up four other goals and had a hand in another against Tech.

Harvard Coach Bruce Munro gave everyone a chance to pick on M.I.T. as he cleared his bench in an effort to discover a coordinated offense and defense.

In games against Tufts and the University of Connecticut, the Crimson had shown little effective goalie-fullback-half-back coordination. Unfortunately yesterday's game was a poor test for improvement.

But substitutes aside from Detora, Yehia, and Metgzer turned in fine individual performances which should prove that Harvard has more bench strength than previously thought.

Goalie Jim Sawhill came through with the most exciting save of the game late in the fourth quarter to preserve a Harvard shutout. Diving for a shot which hit the crossbar in the far corner of the goal. Sawhill managed to recover fast enough to come all the way back across the goal to block M.I.T.'s follow-up to the near corner.

Rollin McClain turned in a good performance at fullback and Rich Nesto did well at inside left. Leslie Cutler, filling in for injured John Gordon at halfback, showed that with more varsity experience he may help to solve Harvard's problems at that position.

Bogovich Captures Pass

Harvard jumped on the Engineers at 1:18 of the first quarter as Peter Bogovich snared a pass from Captain Scott Robertson and hit from ten yards out.

And from then on it was downhill for the Techmen, who were out-shot 44-9 by the coasting Crimson.