Hornblower Is Leading Ivy League in Rushing

Harvard halfback Ray Hornblower and Pennsylvania corner back George Burrell, who are slated to meet in Saturday's important Penn game here, have picked up Ivy League honors following last weekend's games.

Hornblower has become the Ivy League's leading rusher by gaining 121 yards on 21 carries in the Crimson's 22-7 victory over Dartmouth Saturday. The junior halfback jumped from fourth to first in rushing standings in the process, edging out Princeton fullback Ellis Moore.

Burrell was named Ivy League Back of the Week for his outstanding defensive play on Saturday in unbeaten Penn's 19-14 victory over Princeton. It's the first time since the Ivy League was formally organized that a defensive player has been chosen Back of the Week.

Holds Tiger

The Quaker corner back saved the Penn victory in the fourth quarter by intercepting two passes to end Tiger drives. He also returned four Princeton punts for 76 yards. Two of the returns set up field goals and one led to a touchdown.

Whether Burrell and his defensive colleagues can contain leading rusher Hornblower and halfback Vic Gatto will be one of Saturday's biggest questions. That question will not, however, be decided on the basis of an overwhelming difference in size.

Burrell (5'10", 170) is the same size as Hornblower (5'10", 180). He will not overwhelm Gatto (5'6", 185) who makes up for his lack of height by power.