Crime Wins 23-2 Despite Big Jane

By Rhesus J. Portfolio

The CRIMSON defense performed flawlessly as the undefeated Crimeds romped over the Brown Daily Herald 23-2 Saturday, setting the stage for the battle of the unbeaten Saturday when the Yale Daily meets the defending touch football champions.

The defensive unit applied constant pressure and notched seven safeties in the first quarter. At this point, Brown sent in heavy-duty center Jane Trow-bridge, a shoe-in for All-Ivy honors. The Herald then began to grind out yardage and threatened several times.

Great Hands

Rugged middle guard Leo Lennon deserved much credit for halting these drives. He showed his great hands, as he manhandled Trow-bridge time after time to stop Brown's running attack. Unfortunately, the only thing Lennon got for his outstanding defensive dexterity on the line was Trow-bridge's phone number.

Offensively, Crimson halfback Bill Bryson managed to break loose on a 75 yard punt return to the Brown five, but Trow-bridge caught him from behind to stop the Crime's only real offensive threat.

Informed observers claimed that the CRIMSON'S Mark Rasmuson's 67-yard field goal was probably the longest ever kicked in a CRIMSON-Daily Herald game.