Ivy Coaches Undecided; Favor Yale

After watching their teams being manhandled by Yale's heralded team and once-disregarded Harvard, the Ivy League coaches found it nearly impossible to predict the winner of this Saturday's game. Most preferred to toss a coin, but Yale was favored by a couple of coaches, while no one felt quite bold enough to favor Harvard.

BOB BLACKMAN, DARTMOUTH: "I don't thing it's possible to predict the victor, so I'd rather not try. Whoever gets the most good breaks will probably win, and Yale does seem to have a habit of getting the breaks, though that may change on Saturday. I think the Eli defense and the Harvard offense are both greatly underestimated."

Jack Musick, Cornell: "There is simply too much emotion involved in this game for me to make a good prediction. I think there's good chance that this game will be very similar to last year's. Yale and Calvin Hill, however, have been getting better every week, and I'd have to say that they have the momentum."

Harvard's Defense

"But I do think Harvard's defense can move on Yale. I just finished looking at the films of the Harvard-Princeton game, and Hornblower did some of the best running I've seen in some time. If he and Gatto are at 100 per cent strength, it should go right down to the wire."

Frank Navarro, Columbia: "The score will be 28-13, and Yale will be the winner. In a game like this, with two outstanding teams which are undefeated, great individuals must be matched against great individuals, and I don't think Harvard has the individual personnel to equal Dowling and Hill."

"The play that no one has been able to stop is the Dowling to Hill pass out of the I formation. The Crimson must stop this, and must also stop Dowling's passes back to the other side on roll-outs. Hill is dangerous not as a runner, but as a receiver and potential passer. Yale has the winning psychology, but Harvard Stadium will be an advantage for the Crimson.

Dick Colman, Princeton: "Yale is more dangerous. They can hurt you in more ways. Unless Harvard controls the ball for long periods of time, Yale will beat them."

Worth the Admission Price

Bob O'Dell, Penn: "I'd like to be there to see it myself, if I could get tickets for a reasonable price. But then again, we have a game against Dartmouth, so maybe I'll stay here. I rate this game a toss-up. One Harvard problem will be when Yale isolates Hill on only one defender. Then it's just a question of who jumps higher, and Hill always wins. I'm pretty sure Yale will get at least a couple of touchdowns. The Elis will be cocky,, but Harvard will be looser. Should be worth the $6 admission price."